Meet the Dance Camp Instructors
2017 Dance Camp Instructors
& Marzena Stachura
Slawek and Marzena met in Poland. They begun their dance journey in 1995. After very successful career in Poland they moved to US in 2002. In America they became one of the most achievable couples ever competing in American Smooth. Winning all most prestigious competitions in United States including: United States National Championships, World Championships, Ohio Star Ball, Emerald Ball, Embassy Ball, Millennium and Manhattan Championships. Slawek and Marzena retired from competitive dancing in 2013.
Slawek and Marzena appeared in TV Show Ballroom Bootcamp. They choreographed for numerous TV Shows and Movies Productions.
Currently they’re Directors and Owners of Dance Vision Mastery Camps Las Vegas. The are also wners of Dance United Ballroom Academy & Co-Owners of The Royal Ball.
Slawek and Marzena are happy parents of two children.
– 4 Time Undefeated US National American Smooth Champions 2010-2013
– 4 Time Undefeated World American Smooth Champions 2010-2013
– Winners of Ohio Star Ball Showdance
– Winners is American Smooth World Cup
– Polish Professional International Ballroom Runners Up
– Polish Professional 10 Dance Champions
Andre & Natalie Paramonov
Andre & Natalie started their dancing careers in the former USSR, creating their successful partnership in St. Petersburg, Russia, where they graduated with the highest honors in performing, teaching and choreography in many fields of dance. André & Natalie have achieved and won many prestigious titles inthe World of Dance, including, among others:
– 2013 – 2017 United States National Professional South American Show Dance Champions
– World Professional South American Show Dance Champions
– Five times undefeated Canadian National Professional Latin American Champions
– Asia-Pacific Professional Latin American Champions
– United States National Rhythm Bronze Medalists
– U.S. National Professional Latin Finalists
– Finalists in America’s Ballroom Challenge, a Public Broadcasting System production.
& Toni Redpath
Michael and Toni’s credits include:
– 4 time, undefeated U.S. Ballroom Champions, 1999, 2000, 2001, & 2002
– Finalists in the Classic Showdance World Championships
– Three time qualifiers as United States Representatives to the Classic Showdance World Championships
– Top American Smooth Couple of the Year 1999 and 2000
– PBS Championship Ballroom Dancing Winners 1999 and 2000
– United States Rising Star Champions, 1998
– 1st Runners up in the 2001 United States Classic Showdance Championships
– Featured dancers in the film “Dance with Me”.
In the year 2002, Michael and Toni were winners of the following: Emerald Ball, California Open Dancesport Championships, Heritage Dance Classic, Texas Challenge Championships, the Nevada Star Ball, Capital Championships, and the Embassy BallThey are proficient in teaching all styles of Ballroom Dance.
& Irina Kudryashova
After switching to American Rhythm style of dancing in March 2013, they immediately had great success by winning every single Rising Star event they participated at, including 2013 United States National Professional Rising Star Championship. Currently they are United States National Professional American Rhythm Champions and World American Rhythm Professional Champions.
Nazar and Irina are the coaches to many great dancers in Russia and the United States. Among their students there are National and World Pro-Am Champions, Finalists of the British Open Championships and Italian Open Championships, members of the United States Team, Winners of the WDSF OPEN events.
Nazar and irina are proud owners of the beautiful Dancelife. Florida Dance Center, located in Bonita Springs, Fl. Nazar is the member of the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing
& Iveta Lukosiute
Born in Ukraine, Gherman grew up in Moldova. He started dancing as a young boy back in Moldova where he became National and World Champion. He moved to USA in 2000.
They miraculously find time to have a full teaching schedule. Additionally, Gherman very often competes in the pro/am division with his students, and Iveta not only creates costumes for herself and others, but she also organizes their complicated schedules.
Tomasz & Izabella
Tomasz and Izabela Lewandowski were both born and grew up in Poland. Thomas started to dance at the age of 7 and Izabela a bit later at the age of 12. They both started their dance career by dancing both Styles: Latin and Standard. They have achieved many titles in their early age, both with several different partners.
Tomasz and Izabela started dancing together 20+ years ago, and decided to continue their training only in International Latin Style. Shortly after they moved to the USA, they begin their professional career. Tomasz and Izabela have traveled the world, competing, performing shows and teaching. Currently living in Los Angeles, they are the owners of Fred Astaire Redondo Beach. In 2011 they decided to retire from competitive and are now focusing on teaching, performing and judging.
Decho Kraev & Bree Watson
Decho Kraev was born in Bulgaria and began his competitive dancing career at the age of eight. His dedication, talent and determination brought him to the highest levels of recognition. He enjoyed a successful amateur career followed by coaching junior couples who also experienced great success. Decho moved to the United States in 2003 where he continued his career as a professional dance teacher and competitor. There he met his professional partner, Bree.
Bree Watson was born in Savannah, Georgia and began dancing ballet and tap at the age of two. She strengthened her background at the North Carolina School of Performing Arts. Her introduction to the ballroom world started in 2002 in the Theatre Arts division. She quickly decided she preferred to have her feet on the ground and went in search of a partner in the American Rhythm style. In 2003 she moved to Phoenix where she met Decho.
– 2011-2014 United States National Professional American Rhythm Champions
– 2010 Ohio Star Ball World Professional Rhythm Champions
– 2008-2010 U.S. National Professional Rhythm Championship Finalists
– 2009-2011 Emerald Ball Professional Rhythm Champions
– 2008 Blackpool Professional Invitational Exhibition Finalist
– 2007 U.S. National Theatre Arts Champions
– 2007 Ohio Star Ball Professional Theatrical Arts Champions
Jim & Jenell Maranto
Jim & Jenell were 2 time undefeated United States National Professional American Smooth Champions in 1993 & 1994 and top International Standard couple in 1999. They have held every major North American title and represented the United States worldwide.
For 30 years they have owned and operated the Academy of Ballroom Dance in Phoenix, AZ.
Jim & Jenell travel throughout the country coaching, judging and demonstrating Ballroom Dance.
JT Thomas is a two-time US and World Smooth Champion. She has been studying dance since the age 7, including earning a BFA in dance from the University of Arizona. With her former Professional parner, Tomas Mielnicki, they were featured performers on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars and in the Disney movie Enchanted. She was also a choreographer for the Fox show So You Think You Can Dance.
JT is a national adjudicator, choreographer and produces shows throughout the country. JT currently resides just outside of Nashville, Tennessee.
– Performed and/or Produced shows for Millenium Dancesport, Heritage Classic, Holiday Classic, Capital Dancesport, California Open and Maryland Dancesport
– 2005 U.S. representative at Blackpool Invitational Exhibition, 3rd place
– U.S. Smooth Rising Star Champion, U.S. Theatrical Runner Up and Ohio Star Ball RS Latin Finalist
Eddie Simon is a former United States ballroom champion, world Showdance and U.S. theatrical finalist. Simon received a North American Dance Award for the “Favorite Couple of the Year”. He also returns to his hometown of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, several times a year to coach and offer workshops at Dance New York’s Iowa studio, as well as officiate at the annual Iowa Dancesport Challenge.ACHIEVEMENTS- United States American Ballroom Champion
– World Classic Showdance Finalist
– United States Theatrical Finalist
– 1999 North American Dance Award for “Favorite Couple of the Year”
– Co Organizer of New York Dance Festival
Toby & Harmony Munroe
Toby began his dance career in 1990 after being dragged, kicking & screaming to a Country & Western Dance Festival. Since then he has gone on to become one of the most sought after coaches, choreographers & instructors in the World. His extensive background in dance includes Country, Swing, Hustle, Latin, Ballroom and Salsa. He has won countless titles in Swing, Hustle and on the UCWDC circuit. Toby won his first World Championship title in 2002 for ABC Choreography. He has been nominated for 9 Star Awards, taught at Stanford University and has been featured on the TNN and GAC television networks. Toby is also a four time Colorado State Swing Champion and a UCWDC Master Certified Judge.
Harmony Munroe began dancing at the age of 8 and currently co-owns Denver’s premier school for Ballroom and Latin dancing, Colorado Dancesport. She has won numerous titles in American Rhythm, American Smooth, and International Latin dancing.
– Toby Munroe is the 2004 & 2005 UCWDC World Champion in the Classic Masters division.
– January 2006 – “Best Male Couples Dance Instructor” at the Star Awards Gala held in Stockholm, Sweden.
– Harmony has been a representative at the World 10 – Dance Championships and the World South American Showdance Championships as well as being a finalist at the World Mambo and the World Salsa Championships.
Christy Coté began her career as a Ballroom Dance instructor for Arthur Murray Dance Studios in San Francisco. 18 years later she saw the stage show Forever Tango which changed her dance life forever. She has now been teaching, performing and choreographing Argentine Tango since 1996 and is one of the most respected teachers of Argentine Tango in the United States today.
Her teaching method has been published in the Argentine Tango manuals by Dance Vision which are complimented by a series of 21 instructional videos with partner, George Garcia. Christy’s popular Tango Boot Camps have attracted thousands of students since 2007.
Christy’s approach to the dance has always been cutting edge with respect to the traditions of the dance and its culture which has earned her great respect from the the mostly Argentine community of Tango professionals. Christy is one of the featured teachers and performers for CITA, the annual International Tango Congress in Buenos Aires and in 2012 she became the first ever American judge for the Official USA Tango Championships, an annual event
sanctioned by the Argentine Government. Christy is also one of the founding members, co-director and choreographer of the all female tango company, Tango Con*Fusion created in 2004. The company has performed across the U.S. and in Buenos Aires to rave reviews.
Christy is based in San Francisco where she teaches weekly classes at La Pista and Boot Camps at various locations around the Bay Area.
George Garcia has been teaching and performing a variety of dances for more than thirty years,. He has devoted his passion exclusively to the art of the Argentine Tango since 2001 and is a DVIDA National Examiner. George has studied with the world’s finest master tango teachers and is featured with Christy Cote’ in Dance Vision USA’s 24-volume Ultimate Argentine Tango Instructional DVD Series. He teaches and performs at various tango events in the USA and abroad.
.As the founder of Hawaii’s Argentine Tango community, he presents his innovative Argentine Tango Boot Camps, runs weekly classes, workshops and milongas, offers private lessons and organizes workshops with visiting celebrity tango instructors. He organizes the Hawaii Paradise Tango Festivals.
All instructors are confirmed at this time. Instructors are subject to change based on situations beyond our control.